The popular TECT All Terrain adventure park is opening the doors to most of its activities, features and clubs this Sunday.
Park manager Bill Wheeler says the open day is about encouraging people to try new activities, explore the park, get a little adrenalin rush or simply explore with family and friends.
“The Park's been open for almost seven years now – and in that time we've added a huge number of activities and clubs, all offering exciting and interesting opportunities to try out. Some of our clubs are looking for new members while others love to share their passion with others,” says Bill.
“It's going to be a fun, action-filled day for sure.”
Bill encourages people to bring a picnic lunch as food isn't available at the Park. There will be a fundraising sausage sizzle with hot drinks taking cash only.
Entry to the event is free and there will be free shuttle rides within the Park for the duration of the event. Some ‘have a go' activities will have a charge to cover club costs. Again, visitors should bring cash.
Free parking and bus rides will be available from Aquinas College. The first bus will leave Aquinas College at 9.30am and a more detailed timetable will be available on the Park's website.
Dogs are welcome but must be on a leash unless exercising in the Off-Leash Dog Exercise Area. Parking will be limited, people are advised to take advantage of the free bus and shuttles. Cellphone coverage is minimal.
The TECT All Terrain Park open day takes place on Sunday, March 26, from 10am-4pm.
For more information, visit www.tectallterrainpark.co.nz
• Guided walks of the Te Rerenga Tunnel Walk - Leaving the Arrival Centre at 11am and 2pm –walk about 1.5hours long.
• Moto X Fun Day with The Tauranga Motorcycle Club - Tracks open to anyone with a safe two wheel motorbike and appropriate safety gear. $20 Main Track and $10 Mini Track. Spectators welcome.
• BOP Clay Target - Small charge. Closed in shoes required. Ear plugs and supervision provided. Spectators welcome.
• Deerstalkers - $15 adults have a go. Kids free. Spectators welcome. Rifles, ear plugs and supervision provided. Free BBQ sausage and tea/coffee. Please bring Fire Arms Licence if you have one.
• Airsoft - Small charge to have a go plus a demonstration.
• Paintball - Members short mini game/demonstration every half hour from 10.30am to 3.30pm. Spectators welcome. Have a go opportunity in-between games for $5. Some gear available.
• Horse patting, colouring in and equine discipline information with the Tauranga Equestrian Sports Association (TESA).
• Te Matai Motorsport - Have a go opportunities, pay as you go. Some spare equipment available. Spectators welcome. Static vehicle displays including military vehicles, drag cars, off road racers, remote control cars and rally cars.
• Waikato Offroad Racing Club - Demonstrations and have a go. Need race suit, helmet and boots.
• Motorsport BOP - Autocross rides available $10 per ride. Over 18 years old only. Need helmet, overalls and closed in shoes. Motorkana tests at the hub. Rides available. No equipment needed.
• BOP4WD Club - Rides and tours available.
• BOP Radio Controlled Car Club - Demonstrations.
• What's on activities – admire only
• Model aircraft display, weather dependent
• Adrenalin Forest - Prior bookings advised
• BOPbeekeepers - Bee keeping display
• Pistol - Spectators welcome
• Off-leash dog-exercise area
• Picnic area
• Sport BOP will be in attendance
• Lions Tree Grove