Homes in Te Puke have been evacuated following a gas leak.
The Te Puke Fire Bridge was called after a gas main was struck around 11.30am.
A caller to the 0800 SUNLIVE news hotline says firefighters have evacuated properties around the leak on Beattie Ave.
Northern Fire Communications shift manager Karen Larkin says a contractor cut through a gas pipe.
"We are at the scene waiting for the gas company to arrive and have evacuated surrounding houses."
At the scene?
Call 0800 SUNLIVE or email photos to firstname.lastname@example.org