A fire which blocked a section of Dickson Road in Papamoa on Tuesday night is said to be the result of a kitchen fire.
Fire and Emergency New Zealand shift manager Paul Radden says the incident happened just before 6pm.
“We received reports of a kitchen fire at a property on Dickson Road.
“Two appliances were at the scene for around an hour and a half while they contained the blaze.”
A caller to the 0800 SUNLIVE news hotline says Dickson Road was closed for a time between Douglas and Alexander Ave.
Powerco were also seen at the scene by the witness at the time of the call.