Motorists travelling between Katikati and Tauranga on this morning are being warned to allow additional time for their journeys.
"Road maintenance works were carried out at Plummers Point on SH2 overnight on Friday to minimise disruption to motorists," says the NZTA.
"But there is a 50km/hour temporary speed limit in place to ensure the safety of road users and prevent damage to vehicles and motorists can expect delays.
"The Transport Agency thanks motorists for their patience."
Plan ahead for a safe, enjoyable journey this summer. Keep up to date with:
· Traffic updates: nzta.govt.nz/traffic
- Facebook: facebook.com/NZTAWaikatoBoP
- Twitter: twitter.com/NZTAwaibop
- Journey planner: journeys.nzta.govt.nz
- Phone: 0800 4 HIGHWAYS (0800 44 44 49)