UPDATED 5.30pm: A male is reported to be in a serious condition, and has been taken to Tauranga Hospital following a house fire at Papamoa today.
A St John Ambulance spokesperson was unable to say anything about the nature of the injuries, or provide an age for the injured person.
Fire fighters, who were called to the fire at Hartford Avenue about 4.30pm, say the fire was out on arrival.
A person has been taken to Tauranga hospital after being involved in a fire at a Papamoa house this afternoon.
The Hartford Avenue fire broke about 4.30pm. It is believed to have involved a mattress which residents put outside the building.
Firefighters from Tauranga and Mount Maunganui were called but found the fire out on arrival.
A St John ambulance spokesman was unable to confirm if the person taken to hospital has burns or suffered smoke inhalation.