UPDATED 2.05PM: Two schools have gone into lockdown after alleged threats.
Police are at both Te Puke High School in the Bay of Plenty and at Hillcrest High School in Hamilton.
A police spokesperson said officers were called to Te Puke High School on Tui Street on Monday morning after a "report that information of concern had been received".
They could not elaborate on what that information was.
In Hamilton police have been called to Hillcrest High School.
A police spokesperson sayspolice were called at 12.12pm to another "report of a information of concern" being received.
The school has been locked down and cordons are in place.
Police are at the scene making an assessment.
Students inside the school say they have been made to get under their desks.
In May, police were called to the school on Masters Ave after a student discovered a note written on the toilet door saying there was a bomb in another room at the school.
Reports are coming in of Te Puke High School being in lockdown this afternoon.
A resident in the area has emailed a photo to SunLive of at least five police vehicles outside the school.
They say the school is in lockdown due to a bomb threat, although this has not been confirmed.
A police spokesperson confirmed to SunLive that they were called to a school on Tui Street at 10.17am.
They say the call was in repsonse to "a report that information of concern had been received".
"Police are currently at the school, working with staff and making an assessment."
In an email sent out to parents at about 12.30pm and subsequently posted on Facebook by a concerned parent, principal Alan Liddle says they "have made the decision to engage the school in a lockdown procedure".
"In the event of a lockdown, all students and staff are confined to one of the many learning spaces around the school. Delegated staff have been given responsibility for ensuring the buildings are locked to prohibit access.
"Students and staff have been trained to close windows and blinds, remain silent and out of sight as far as possible until the danger has passed and an all clear is issued by a member of the Senior Leaders Team. If appropriate Emergency Services or Police will be notified of the situation and assess the scene and risk factors.
"Students have also been instructed to not use their phones until given an all clear.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO NOW
· Please do not phone or text your children until after an all clear is given, we do not want to create a scene of panic.
· Please do not come in to the school expecting to pick up your child once you have arrived. Visitors will not have access to the site until after an all clear has been given.
· Please be calm and patient, your child is in good hands. We will send another email after an all clear has been given and we have more information to share."