Fire razes Te Puke home

Flames coming from the doorway of the house.

Click the image above to watch the video

UPDATED 1.33PM: A Te Puke family will seek refuge overnight at nearby church, after their Queen Street house caught fire this afternoon.

The fire happened at a private residence just before 12.45pm.

A witness at the scene says the Te Puke Medical Centre, which neighbours the property had to be evacuated due to the amount of smoke coming from the fire.

“The church across the road has also offered to take the family in for the night.

“Only one person was in the house at the time, but they weren’t injured.”

A reporter at the scene says the fire is now out.


Firefighters are battling a house fire in Te Puke.

A caller to the 0800 SUNLIVE hotline says it's happened near Queen Street.

"It looks like it's pretty bad."

A Northern Fire Communications shift manager says the house is completely engulfed in flames.

A SunLive reader says the fire is next to the medical centre on Queen Street.

Smoke seen billowing from the fire. Supplied photos.

At the scene?

Call 0800 SUNLIVE or email photos to


There are no comments on this article.

Leave a Comment

You must be logged in to make a comment. Login Now